1.26.2014

Souvenir of the trip to Natural History Museum

This morning, I went to London with two friends of mine. We went to several tourist attractions, but the place I like most was Natural History Museum. The very reason for feeling that excitement was because it brought me fly to my childhood interests: history, biology, astronomy, etc.

Natural History Museum

Interior architecture of the museum

I had different impression of the museum. I was different with museums in Indonesia. Instead of a pale building with mere ancient artifacts, the museum has very detailed architecture; congenial with the objects being displayed there. It also furnished with very well managed of sound system, multimedia, and layout. It was not surprised, so many people came to the place. They were willing to queue just for museum. I was amazed.

Encouraging words to learn

Fossils: A trail of ancient earth

Gem collection

The museum really became a place to gain knowledge. Alongside the display it has, the museum was equipped with simulations to show several things that might be difficult to capture only by a display. The museum also run talks on many aspects related to the knowledge. I thought that the management had to be having a deep devotion to share knowledge to people.

Metal: advantageous treasure of the world

Fossil of an extinct mammal

A simulation to show how water curves the face of our earth

Multimedia: Collaborating history, science, and technology

I dream that someday museums in Indonesia can be run professionally like Natural History Museum. I wish in the near future, the museums won't longer be forgotten ghostlike buildings. I wish they will be crowded by people coming to learn. Learn about universe. Learn about earth. Learn about nature. Learn about history. And learn about ourselves.

No comments: