1.31.2014

#30tulisan: Epilogue

I want to show my gratitude to friends of mine who created this challenge of #30tulisan. Everyday, step by step through the process of completing the task I realize how small I am. I live in abundance of blessing. This challenge has open my eyes that I won't make it to list blessings that I have been receiving. So many things I wanted to spill into words and fulfill the challenge, but I could not. Most of them were indescribable event though in the same time very simple and I have been receiving them every day.

Once I heard the challenge, I prepared myself a week before it started. I produced eight writings on the last eight days of December last year. And eventually I managed to completing the challenge by this writing by today.

It was difficult at the beginning to start writing. But, by time, I liked it. I would felt there was something missing in my day without writing. This was a kind of feeling on 19 January, when I could not make it to seize the day. I went to London and came back when the day is over. Actually, what happened that day was a reprimand of what I wrote a day before about skipping a day. In that writing I said that I wanted to skip a day for fatigue I felt, and I also said that the writing was mere information and my attempt to save my promise about the challenge. I was reminded at once, when I could not make it the day after whereas I was highly eager. The day of 19 January was the day I underestimated opportunity I had, and used my exhaustion as an excuse. I learned a good thing that day.

I was praised very much for this writing and then this writing, which were re-posting of my writing a couple years ago. Statistically, up now the pages with the writings has been read for 121 and 116 times. The writings made me realized that I was not confidence enough with myself as they waited too long to be shared. The praises on those actually helped me to extent my spirit to keep writing and fulfil this challenge of #30tulisan.

When I wrote about situation in my campus and also about keeping faith there, they was my way to show my grateful to have the opportunity to enjoy education abroad in very supporting environment. I realized how rare the opportunity like this could be received in the same time. And when I was writing this part in this epilogue, again my feeling of abundance occurred in my heart.

Sometimes I put emotion in my writing, like this writing. I kept that writing to be a reminder that however the turbulence in my heart it is an action that make differences. After wrote it down, I spent several days to settled the matter that upsetting me. I also realized, that several part of the writing was weighed with my judgement. I was embarrassed to read it again, but I again I kept it to remind me that being impulsive is not what I need when I am facing a problem.

In this paragraph, I wanted to talk about my favorite writing I produce in this challenge. The one I liked most was a poem I published on 24 January. I had to think deeply to produce eight rows. This was my reflection that I was very small and it was a good thing. Being small means I feel content with all I have. Nothingness I said in that writing showed my reflecting thought that I was a mere human being that very lucky live in abundance. Abundance of love. Abundance of opportunity. Abundance of choice.

The tense of the game was even higher when the upcoming challenge came: Writing by Request. I managed the challenge in this writing and  also this writing. It was even more difficult, because I did not know what the expectation from that challenge. I felt that my writings did not meet the expectation. I realized that questioning what the essentials of the challenge, which I did not do it, would help me to measure to what extent I should expand my idea into my writing.

Every single writing was weighed by my thought, my feeling, and my hope. Regarding to hope, this challenge of #30tulisan has opened my eyes that I could inspire people with words. Maybe writing is my way to contribute to other people as contributing is always the dream of my life.

Once again, I thank you, my friends, for creating this opportunity. I grow and develop here.

No comments: