6.24.2007

Small, Sweet, and Unexpected (formerly written: Kecil, Mengejutkan, dan Manis)

Actually, it is difficult to rewrite old story with the same way: poetically (as Widhie said in her comment). I try to develop the same sense with the story I wrote before. Maybe, this just language difficultness since I wrote previously in Bahasa Indonesia. So this my trial, might it give same satisfaction? Let see.

It was the first day of fasting month last year. I was surprised with the experience I had. I was greeted by a little girl, that I knew later is my neighbor. She’s five years old, I guessed. She said, “Kakak (older brother), you’re looking more charming.” Ho? There is someone who's paid attention to me.

Her words were so sincere and made me touched. For a while I could not speak before thanked and smiled at her. She repay by giving her innocent smile. That event was a really outlandish for me. I got the energy to share my spirit that day. I could give my smile to everyone I saw. That day I learnt things from the little girl.

First, I realized that so much unconsciously attention we have even from the one we don’t know/expected before. It is warm and soft. That something we must grateful to God. The next lesson I had, our feeling is expressed from the face, words, and gesture. I also realized that God always has sweet way to admonish us. I feel guilty, sometimes, when remember my ungrateful to God.
Little girl, thank you….

No comments: