6.22.2007

Lessons from painful headache

I had a painful headache since last Sunday. Thank God it stopped yesterday afternoon. Not quite, but better than the day before. This condition brought me to recognize my limit and also my physical sign. When I insisted to go to campus at one night I got feedback from a friend I met. He said,”hey, your eyes look so tired. Are you sick? You should take a sleep.” When I heard it, actually, I surprised. I didn’t know that my face tell my condition. I went to my department immediately and when found mirror, I mirrored. “Oh…, this is my eyes looks like while I’m sick,” I whispered. Why I never recognized this pale face.

In the morning, after that conversation, I got another similar feedback. “Ham, you look so pale. Are you sick?” Arghhh, I was wrong for a long time. I always keep in my mind that my dark skin would cover up my sickness. I thought dark skin help me not to look pale if I were sick. Hmmm, I learn something precious from my sickness.

Another lesson I had is about my friends’ attention. They asked about my condition repeatedly and even scold me for my stubbornness to keep stay up all night. They said I should not force my self over and had to stop at the limit. Those attentions gave me strength to get better quicker, I guessed. Thank you friends…

What I wrote here just affirm what my point about everything has points. The headache I had is not meaningless because I learn things precisely. I finally know what my physical sign, limit, and even friendship values from my unwell condition. Thank God for those all.

Wahai Rabb-ku, apakah Engkau menciptakan wajah-wajah ini berlumuran dosa di sisi-Mu dan berbuat nista? Sungguh ketetapan-Mu tentu dengan maksud mendidik hamba-hamba-Mu. Oleh sebab itu aku mohon kepada-Mu wahai Dzat Yang Mahasantun, Mahapemurah, dan Mahalembut. Wahai Dzat Yang hanya dikenal oleh hamba-Nya dengan keindahan, agar Engkau berkenan memberikan kepada kami kebijaksanaan dan hikmah senantiasa.

No comments: