12.29.2013

This morning, being reminded

This morning, when I was going to the mosque for performing salat fajr, I saw the road and the grass were covered with flickering white crystal. It was not snow, only dew that chose to obey the nature; crystallized as the cold hit overnight. These days, the temperature here fluctuates between day and night between 10 to -3 degrees Centigrade although weather forecast might state differently.
I touched a blade of grass. It was tender like marshmallow but suddenly turned wet as the warm of my hand melted the the frozen dew on it. I walked slowly because the road became slippery.
It was incredible; such a simple phenomenon can be distinguished as a beautiful thing. The flickering on the road seemed like constellation. The cold that wrapped the atmosphere was just perfect. I thought that I was walking on galaxies. I was amazed.
Isn't it strange? To experience such a feeling of amazement, it appears just by doing simple things. To look up the skies of blue. To walk accros green meadows. To hear the sound of beaches. To think under the starry night. To feel the touches of my parents. To see sincere smiles of complete strangers.
Reflecting about it, God may want to keep me aware that I am just a simple human who love simplicity. Sometimes, I forget; pursuing complexities rather than embracing my nature.
Every achievement and opportunity I reach, surely they are not meant for the greatness, but to bring continuous humility in my mind, my words, and my actions.
O... my Lord, I seek thy forgiveness for my forgetfulness.

No comments: