12.26.2013

Eyewitnessing Boxing Day

This afternoon, I went to Bicester Village to eyewitness boxing day there. It was very crowded. Car park there was nearly full and people wandering around from an outlet to another. For several famous brands like Guci or Polo Ralph Lauren, they were even willing to queue.

I did not buy anything but it was hilarious to watch such hustle. When there is a chance to get good stuff with a good price, it is obvious people will flocked there. For me, the prices there were still high even though the products there were on sale. Moreover, I realized that I did not have the need to buy. Maybe I will someday, but just not now.

I was surprised when I was looking the price of a suit. The initial price was £700-ish before it cut down to £200-ish. That initial price, as far as I know, is enough to buy a used car with good condition here in this country (not include the insurance, of course). Sometimes, I cannot 'digest' the rationale to value goods in this country. But, maybe this is how economics should grow. Like a plant, it differs where it is being developed and how it is being maintained. As I am here, I just have to enjoy the taste of the economy of this country.

Here I share pictures I took when I was going to Bichester Village.


No comments: