7.10.2007

Supper Converse

Yesterday morning, 2.30 am, my friend and I went out to have supper. Since several weeks ago, have meal before dawn becomes my habit. This is an excess of waking up most at night. After finishing our meal, my friend looked surprised and said, “It’s marvelous you finished your meal completely. No grain of rice left.”

Actually, he was not the first person who says like that. I smiled and said, “This is what I had from my granny. My mom told me stories about her, including this one. My mom said that my granny said that every single grain of rice (cultivate) you eat is about grant from God and also hard work. So, never let it wasted by leaving it on your plate. Better eat a bit. I think she had a point and I accept it for mine.”

My friend said he agreed with me even though it is hardly to be applied for this time being. I just smiled and hoped he would someday.

No comments: