7.19.2007

Noiseless Time

One upon time, my friend surprised me. She said, “Bro, I have a tendency for being an atheist. I don’t know how to describe it. I just feel empty. How do you think?”
And I just gave a noiseless face. Speechless.

Another time. A man said something even more surprising.
“Ham, tell me about great sin!”
“Hmm, there are several things that categorized as great sins. Syirik is the greatest one.” I wondered why he asked me talking about this topic. It was unusual.
“How about suicide? I think I am doing it right now. It’s hopeless.”
And I just gave a noiseless face. Just quite.

Both of those were my experience. I don’t know why I got speechless of that kind of situation. Not just once or twice, but more. Different problem. Different person. I’ve hardly been able to talk about philosophy of life nor religion view nor norms. I’ve hardly thought to give solution because I’d have never prepared to face that kind of situation. I just cannot. And almost of time, I just quite.

Why? I don’t know. I just believe that they would find the answer of their question. It is not me to find someone else’s solution.
After all, maybe I just can give one sentence to all who come and share their problem: just follow your heart.
And deep in my heart, I pray for us to find the right path.

1 comment:

Alma said...

wow...wow...yang jelas, awak dah sering memikirkan itu. becoming atheist masih mending, kalo mikir untuk murtad? gawat...dan mikir bunuh diri?? sering banget...mendarah daging kayaknya. tapi saran kk bener banget, just follow what ur heart says...it always says truth.