11.02.2007

Mudik (Went Home)

Going home is fun, as always. There the place that my life’s begun. There the place that the first pieces of me pierced to construct currently me. Back to home always touchy. And I felt it when I spent my Lebaran holiday several weeks ago (7-23/10).

I arrived by flight from Jakarta. At home, I hugged my mother in a straight line. She looked so happy. However, her faced changed surprised when she’d known that I had metacarpal fracture. Ah…, she always be the first one that’s concerned about me most. Maybe that the reason I postponed to tell her about my accident.

I met my father in the afternoon. He’d just arrived from Manado. He showed similar surprised as Mom did. However I could make them sure that I was okay. I little bit felt guilty for my accident.

For two days, I completely did nothing. I was prohibited to do things because of my hand condition. I feel sad as my mom did the whole household things and I just could see. Finally, my little brother and little sister came the next two days. They went home by flight from Surabaya. It meant that there were people who’d help mom.

For several next days, there was a lot story that we shared between us: Dad, Mom, I, my brother, and sister. How they really love me, I could feel it. There were nice meeting with my friends. Our classic story never gets old to be told again and again. There was a beauty of wisdom of earlier period of Bimanese people: I will type it down later.

Going home always becomes a great moment for me. At that place I can contemplate myself deeply.

No comments: